Are you struggling with menopause symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain, or mood swings? There are natural solutions and supplements that can reduce your symptoms and improve your quality of life. We offer effective and safe pharmaceutical grade supplements that can help you breeze through the menopause journey!
10 Ways to Reduce Menopause Symptoms Naturally:
- Dietary Changes: some simple changes can help maintain a healthy metabolism, and decrease the severity of menopausal symptoms. Reduce soy to help avoid its estrogenic effects. Eliminate dairy products may reduce inflammation, mucus production, and lighten periods. Choose hormone-free meat to avoid additional hormones impacting your system. While too much alcohol may aggravate menopausal symptoms ,such as hot flashes and depression, a glass of wine on the onset of a cycle can be beneficial as a mild blood thinner and to relieve stress.
- Rhubarb extract: reduces the severity and frequency of hot flashes in perimenopausal women. It has also been clinically demonstrated to relieve sleep disturbances and poor mood associated with menopause. We recommend Estrovera.
- Vitamin E: contains tocopherols that help regulate natural estrogens and soothe dry skin and mucous membranes. Vitamin E is also helpful in preventing vaginal atrophy. We recommend: Vitamin E suppositories and oral Excellent E by Xymogen.
- Macais: a South American relative to the radish. There are different types of Maca, and each has different compounds that support stamina, energy production, and increased sexual function. We recommend: Core Maca by Energetix.
- Norway spruce lignan extractis: a phytoestrogen that naturally mimics estrogen’s positive qualities. It may help reduce hot flashes and irritability. At the same time, the extract has shown to offer protection against inflammation and cancer. It can act as an aromatase inhibitor by supporting the body’s natural process of hormonal activity. We recommend: Flash Arrest by Xymogen.
- DIM: found in cruciferous vegetables and can assist the body when estrogen levels in excess. Dim is recommended if taking any Bio-Identical hormones, and to balance the estrogen-progesterone ratio. We recommend: Dim Evail and XenoProtX (XenoProtX has an additional liver support blend for optimal detoxification and antioxidant activity.)
- Magnesium: a very important mineral and is easily depleted through active lifestyles and poor diet. Supplementation may help symptoms such as insomnia, irritability, and stress levels. We recommend: Magnesium Glycinate or OptiMag.
- Vitamin D: is critical for the hormonal pathway, endocrine system, and many other systems in the body. Check with your doctor or practitioner for testing levels. We recommend: D3 Emulsion or Vitamin D3+K2.
- Shatavari: supports hormonal balance, and helps with irritability and occasional mood swings of menopause and perimenopause. We recommend: Shatavari by Himalaya Herbs.
- Lifestyle recommendations: Sleep, mindful meditation or prayer, positive environment and support are critical in some form to manage menopause symptoms. Exercise with weight training for bone health, cardio for hearth health, and yoga for mental health are also important factors. Treat yourself to self-care days that include massage, acupuncture, or see a nutritionist or health coach to help address any other health challenges that may be contributing to menopause. Visit aliveandwellaustin.com for a full list of our services and amenities.
For a more accurate baseline and specific treatment protocols, it is beneficial to get your hormone levels tested. Our consultants have blood, saliva, and urine hormone testing available! Click here for more information and to book with our consultants for deeper Hormone and health support.